IS RUDENESS OR STRESS STEALING YOUR HAPPINESS? HELP IS HERE.
You are not alone! The good news is you can take control to be happier and safer.
The danger is rudeness and stress can:
- be very harmful to your health
- prevent your brain from learning new things
- make it difficult to make friends
- may lead to violence if left unchecked.
HOW STRESSED ARE YOU?
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the most severe.
YOU ARE NORMAL
Are you like most teens who average in the 5 to 6 point area?That is according to a 2014 article from the American Psychology Association, http://www.apa.org.
Many teens also report feeling overwhelmed (31 percent) and depressed or sad (30 percent) as a result of stress. More than one-third of teens report fatigue or feeling tired (36 percent) and nearly one-quarter of teens (23 percent) report skipping a meal due to stress.
HELP IS HERE
FIVE STRESS BUSTER TIPS TO BE A HAPPIER YOU
1. Lemon Aromatherapy – Smell a freshly sliced lemon. Inhale the lemon’s fragrance gently and slowly through your nose. Exhale slowly through your mouth. Lemons can lift your mood, reduce stress, relieve headaches and more. Using slow breathing techniques lowers heart rate.
2. Practice Gratitude -Think of 3 things for which you are thankful and write them down. Read over them and savor one at a time. Practicing gratitude not only relieves stress, it opens your brain to learning, creativity and expansion. Enhance these benefits by saying thank you often.
3. Smile – The bigger and more often you smile, the faster you’ll feel happier. Smiling is a powerful stress reducer.
4. Hug Someone – Hugging offers a two for one gift. Hugging alleviates stress, is relaxing, relieves pain, increases empathy and understanding for both of you. .
5. Be An Encourager – It’s a small act of kindness with big potential that is easy to impart. You can call, text, write, or tell a person face to face something to encourage them. It can be a quality you admire about them, or a comment about a kindness you witnessed them doing. Tell them you are thankful for them and give a reason as to why.
Keep in touch for more tips for living a happier, safer life and help others to do the same.
COMING SOON: FREE E-BOOK 30 DAYS TO HAPPIER FOR TEENS
A happier life is closer than you may think!