AMERICAN CIVILITY ASSOCIATION
American Civility Association is here to help you discover ways to live a happier and safer life through a heart education. You may be surprised at how quickly a few little tweaks to your daily routine will elevate your inner happy meter.
BEGIN WITH GRATITUDE: Once you make gratitude a priority, you start to feel your heart unfold in brand new ways. Empathy becomes compassion, kindness becomes a lifestyle, fear becomes hope and you enjoy living a happier life.
REDUCE STRESS: No matter how young or old you are, stress is a fact of life that can rob you of your happiness, affect the way you treat others, negatively impact your health, and lead to burnout. Both mental and physical burnout occur when we experience prolonged periods of stress. People are not usually rude on purpose, but stress will impact how we respond to unpleasant situations. Stress can even result in mistreating one another, and who wants the embarrassment and repercussions of a public meltdown?
Use our Five Stress Buster Tips and enjoy being a happier, healthier and kinder you.
FIVE STRESS BUSTER TIPS FOR A HAPPIER YOU
1. Lemon Aromatherapy – Smell a freshly sliced lemon. Inhale the lemon’s fragrance gently and slowly through your nose. Exhale slowly through your mouth. Lemons can lift your mood, reduce stress, relieve headaches and more. Using slow breathing techniques lowers heart rate.
2. Practice Gratitude -Think of 3 things for which you are thankful and write them down. Read over them and savor one at a time. Practicing gratitude not only relieves stress, it opens your brain to learning, creativity and expansion. Enhance these benefits by saying thank you often.
3. Smile – The bigger and more often you smile, the faster you’ll feel happier. Smiling is a powerful stress reducer.
4. Hug Someone – Hugging offers a two for one gift. Hugging alleviates stress, is relaxing, relieves pain, increases empathy and understanding for both of you. .
5. Be An Encourager – It’s a small act of kindness with big potential that is easy to impart. You can call, text, write, or tell a person face to face something to encourage them. It can be a quality you admire about them, or a comment about a kindness you witnessed them doing. Tell them you are thankful for them and give a reason as to why.
Keep in touch for more tips for living a happier, safer life and help others to do the same. A happier life is closer than you may realize!